The Classic Bourguignon Beef
- 24oz (680g) of Carbonnade Beed (beef or stew)
- 8oz (230g) of Mushrooms
- 8oz (230g) of Chopped Smoked Bacon
- 2 Chopped Carrots
- 4 Chopped Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Cups of Grelot Onions or 2 Chopped White Onions
- 2/3 of a Bottle of Red Wine
- 2 ts of Origan
- 2 Cups of Beef Stock
- ½ Cup of Butter
- 2/3 Cup of Flour
This Stew is one of my favorite comfort food… When it’s begins to get cold outside (I don’t know for you but in Brussel it kind of feels like we’re in Siberia now) and I don’t want to take to much time to cook, the Bourguignon Beef is there for me!
- In a big casserole, add the bacon, the carrots, onions, garlic, butter and let it sweat during a few minutes with medium heat (stir).
- Cut the beef into pieces (mouth sized).
- Add the flour (to have a little bit of stickiness in the sauce), plus the salt&pepper as needed and stir well
- Then add the beef and stir during 1 min.
- Add the wine, the stock, the origan, lower the heat, put the lid and let it stew during 1h, stir every 30 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms (better in one piece), put the lid back and wait for another 30min.
- After that if you want more stickiness for the sauce, take the lid off and let the stew cook during another 20 min.
- It’s readyyyyyyyyyyyy! Very good with mashed potatoes, Bon appétit!!