Eggs, Chicken Sausage and Chickpeas Casserole
- 2 Eggs
- 5oz of Chicken Sausage(s)
- 1 Can of Chickpeas
- 2 Cups of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 2 ts of Fennel Seeds (optional)
- 1 cs of Origan
- 2 cs of Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
So this is my version of this casserole for a late brunch (or a lunch). It’s tasty, gourmand and perfect before or after sport (with the chickpeas and the chicken you have a lot of protein).
- In a small casserole, put the onion and the chopped chicken sausage with the olive oil and stir during 2 or 3 minutes with medium heat.
- Then add everything except the eggs and the salt&pepper and stir.
- Cover with the lid and let the prep cook with low heat during 15 minutes.
- During this time, gently separate the white and the yellow of the eggs.
- Try again to gently separate the white and the yellow of the eggs (and don’t break the yellow this time plz! ).
- Add the white of the eggs on the top of the casserole and put the lid back on it. Wait 5 min (the white needs to turn white… obviously).
- Top it with the yellow of the egg(s) and it’s readyyyyyyyyyy (it’s just waiting for you to put your bread in it, or your forks if you are paleo friendly).
- Bon appétit!