Yummy Special Cantonese Rice
- 10 Jumbo Shrimps (optionnal, see below)
- 5oz (140g) of Risotto Rice (or 10′ Express Cooked Rice in this case..)
- 1 Chopped White Onion
- 2 Chopped Cloves of Garlic
- 4 Slices of White Ham, Chopped
- 3 Slices of Pastrami, Chopped
- 2 Cups of Green Peas
- 4 ts of Fish Sauce
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 Lime
- 2 Eggs
Here is a very easy and quick recipe of Cantonese Rice (but my own version of it of course). I used the “Bosto Mediterraneo Rice” for this meal because I don’t need the stickiness of special risotto rice and it only needs 10 min of cooking. I like to add some pastrami for the smocky savor but you don’t need to if you don’t like it. The Jumbo shrimps are there for a complete meal, but if you want the Cantonese Rice only as a side, you can get rid of the shrimps!
Most of my recipes are quick and easy… Of course you just need the right ingredients! If you have some tips or comment, please share them and don’t forget to have a look at our Instragram page, “louchefcook” !
- Add the onion and garlic in a medium hot pan with a little bit of oil (not olive oil), stir during 1 or 2 minutes, then add the rice and the meats.
- After 2 min add 3 cups of water, the stock cube, pepper and stir. Add some water if needed after few minutes, stir.
- While the rice is cooking, add the shrimps (scampis) in another pan, with one ts of oil, and one ts (or two) of sriracha and stir fry the shrimps during 5 minutes (doesn’t need more time for the shrimps nicely cooked) and add the lime juice.
- When the rice is cooked (10’ for my rice) and the water is gone (that’s why you add the water by little portions, the point is to not have too much water), add the peas, the fish sauce (carefull, it’s salty) and empty the pan in a large bowl.
- Scramble the eggs in the empty pan then add the eggs on the bowl, stir and top it with the shrimps, and it’s readyyyyyyyyy! Bon appétit!!